The JFC is able to accommodate a number of medical students. In order to accommodate you, please email Hannah Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jessica Arnold (email@example.com), or Ford Franklin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a date.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Jackson Free Clinic! The JFC has clinic every Saturday at 11:00. Our focus includes serving Jackson by offering medical care to the uninsured. We also focus on actively teaching as we are providing care. Due to the pre-medical volunteer interest, we accept volunteers on a week by week basis, and there are a limited number of spots for each week. Therefore, if you are interested in volunteering, please send an email to email@example.com early in the week to ensure your spot for a Saturday. We look forward to serving alongside you!
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Arrive at the clinic no later than 11:00.
- Please wear scrubs if possible. We also encourage you to wear your white lab coat. If these are not available, business casual is fine. Closed toed shoes are required.
- You will need to bring your stethoscope; blood pressure cuffs and other needed clinical equipment are provided.
- Please be prepared to fill the role appointed to you by the supervisor.
- Engage with the physicians in making and enacting patient care plans.
- If you are an exam team leader, be prepared to act as a teacher to any other students working with you.
- If you are going to be late, please call the clinic and notify the supervisor no later than 11:10. The number is (601)355-5161
Dental Student Volunteers
Due to issues regarding legally bringing dentists into the clinic, we are not currently offering dental services. We hope to have this resolved soon.
PT/OT Student Volunteers
PT and OT students can now volunteer at the Jackson Free Clinic every other Saturday! More detailed information to come regarding expectations and responsibilities. To volunteer, please contact our PT/OT board members Tanner Lee
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alyssa Bryant (email@example.com)